No doubt you have been watching the news coverage concerning COVID-19 (the ‘Corona Virus’), and may have some questions on how this will affect our volleyball competitions.
At this stage, Business League and Titans training will continue this week as scheduled, with a few important changes:
- If you have had any contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19, or if you have recently returned from overseas, please don’t attend trials/ training/ games for 2 weeks and let your coach/ captain know.
If you are sick for any reason, please don’t attend training/ games and let your coach/ captain know.
- While at volleyball, please try to limit physical contact with other players. This includes handshakes and slaps, hi fives, etc. Teams are encouraged to get creative and come up with their own non-contact celebrations.
- Please wash your hands properly before and after volleyball, and avoid touching your face, etc. If you are able, please bring hand sanitiser for your own use.
- Critically, it is important to follow any advice from your doctor and official government sources, which continue to be updated as the situation progresses. The following links provide some general information in this regard:
• Australian Government Department of Health: https://www.health.
• Australian Institute of Sport: https://ais.gov.au/
Please remain aware that the situation is changing rapidly, but we will endeavour to communicate any further changes as we become aware of any developments.
Cheryl and I are both working on the draws for this week – apologies for the lateness, it’s always difficult at the start of the season.